EMMA S. CLARK MEMORIAL LIBRARY
120 Main Street
Setauket, New York 11733
Serving the Three Villages since 1892
Part-time Public Relations Assistant
- Seeking a motivated, fast learner to join newly formed Public Relations & Community Awareness department.
- Will assist in the production and management of the library’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogs, etc.) and press releases.
- Duties also include posting library programs & events on local event calendars and websites and keeping press clippings binder and record of all library press up-to-date.
- Ideal candidate will possess excellent speaking, spelling and writing skills; have the ability to set and meet deadlines, be comfortable with technology and possess a willingness to learn new things.
- In addition, the position will require attending department meetings and idea sessions and occasionally representing the library at community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate will work an average of 10 – 15 hours per week (weekdays, daytime hours). Excellent part-time opportunity for the right person to join a fun, energetic team environment.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email cover letter and resume to Ted Gutmann, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 3, 2014. Please include your schedule availability as well as contact information for two references.